August 27, 2014
Long seen as Napa Valley’s redheaded stepsister, Sonoma County is taking the spotlight with its Sonoma Wine Country Weekend 3-day festival. During the Labor Day weekend, the locals will be celebrating the region’s grape growers, winemakers, and chefs. Events are held throughout Sonoma wine country and include a variety of activities such as the super exclusive Hamel Family Wine’s five-course feast prepared by Chef Puccio incorporating the finest ingredients from the property to Taste of Sonoma where guests can sample wines from over 200 Sonoma wineries and nibble on local cuisine while enjoying the settling at MacMurray Estate Vineyards.
What makes this wine and food festival so unique is the access guests have to the local talent. Chef and vintners are extremely involved with this event, so much so that they are the ones who are serving the meals they prepare and pouring the wines they’ve created. It is an amazing opportunity to meet first-hand the people behind the incredible food and wine that is celebrated in the area.
DATES: August 29-31, 2014
Friday, August 29
- 12:30 p.m. – Winemaker Lunch Series at wineries throughout Sonoma County
- 6:30 p.m. – Sonoma Starlight at Francis Ford Coppola Winery
- 6:00 p.m. – Winemaker Dinner Parties
Saturday, August 30
- 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Taste of Sonoma at MacMurray Estate Vineyards
- 6:00 p.m. – Winemaker Dinner Parties at wineries throughout Sonoma County
Sunday, August 31
- 12:30 p.m. – Winery barbecues at wineries throughout Sonoma County
- 12:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Sonoma Harvest Wine Auction at Chateau St. Jean
- 2:30 p.m. – Live auction